Do you drink enough water? Chances are the answer is NO and you are NOT alone.
As a health coach, I find that most people struggle to remember to drink water. There are so many other "drink" alternatives like juice, soda, tea, coffee, wine, beer, etc. People replace water intake with these often higher calorie drinks which increases total daily calorie intake and can lead to weight gain.
I challenge you this month to drink more water. I will tell you WHY and HOW it will make a BIG difference in your life.
So.....What are the benefits to drinking only water:
1. Helps you lose weight faster- drinking more water increases your metabolism, it also eliminates excess calories from other high-calorie drinks
2. Brain works better- your brain is made up of around 75% of water, fuel it properly and it will operate better
3. Improves Digestion- it cleanses toxic wastes from various parts of the body and carries it to the liver and kidneys for removal
4. Better Skin - slows down the aging process and makes skin smooth
5. Improves your heart function- people that drink 5 glasses of water a day have a 41% less chance of having a heart attack, dehydration taxes the heart and causes it to pump faster to get sufficient oxygen to your muscles
6. Decreases Hunger- many times when you are hungry, you are really just thirsty. Drink a glass of water if you think you are hungry and watch hunger pains subside. This is just another way water helps you lose weight
7. Saves $$$- Water is much less expensive than other types of drinks. Think about how much money you would save if you cut back on Starbucks and 6 Packs.
So.....How do you Drink More Water?
1. Calculate how much water you should be drinking here: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/water_calculator.htm
2. Track Water with an App like MyFitnessPal or any free water tracking app
3. Always order water when you go out to eat and drink that first before any other drink or food.
4. Last but not least, Buy a water tracking cup that makes tracking simple. This is the cup I use every day. Every time you finish a 20oz cup, you move a colored rubber ring up to the top of the cup. You will be able to celebrate every time you get to move a ring up. Buy here: HydraTrak by Zak! Designs